Svipja's Offset Practice
Our Offset Practice helps high-tech Defence and Aerospace Industry in offset projects. www.svipja.com/ refers.
Steps in Our Offset Process
Step 1: Acquaint Yourself first on Offset business. Please visit www.IndianDefenceIndustry.com , its connected Blogs and www.svipja.com in addition to other subject matter elsewhere. Offset Partnership and projects go thru rigorous 'Due Diligence' / 'Gate Reviews' by Vendors / Obligors.
Step 2: Register online on www.IndianDefenceIndustry.com using Internet Explorer to be part of the database of the Defence Industry. We are developing a consortium of MSMEs globally with
Step 3: Obtain Industrial License, if required.We take Advisory on Products / Services to target, Capacity Creation, JV and Capital tructure incl FDI & Technology Agreements, etc.
Step 4: Become Industrial Sector Partner (ISP) of Svipja / India. We will guide the ISP firms go through qualified vendor registration process for Supply Chains of aerospace & defence firms.
Some of these steps could be attempted concurrently.
1. Yearly Membership Fee for Registering on the Site and using e-Marketplace Engine for Buying/Selling, and accessing Info System, is as indicated in Tariffs on the Site. Fee is variable.
2. Separate Fee for Offset Consulting / Industrial Co-operation would apply. Contact email@example.com for further details.
3. Addl Fee will apply in case of market research, study and other services.
1. Svipja provides guidance to the Indian ISP on project suitability and document/plan preparation for the Gate Review Process, and it's Presentation as required.
2. Svipja does not take responsibility for offset fund allotment to ISPs. This is decided by A &D Major Company based on the capability of the ISP to meet the needs of the A & D Major.
Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Thursday, November 29, 2012
Saab will set-up aero-structure parts and assembly venture in Belgaum/Karnataka/India. QuEST will hold 74% in the JV with Saab 26%. These parts/assemblies are targeted at Boeing and Airbus acs.
QuEST already provides engineering services to Rolls Royce, GE and Airbus amongst others.
The Partners will initially invest USD 10 m in the JV. The JV is likely to be operational by mid-2013.
Saturday, November 3, 2012
Wednesday, October 10, 2012
- Fostering development of Internationally competitive enterprises,
- Augmenting capacity for Research, Design and Development related to Defence products and services and
- Encouraging development of synergistic sectors like Civil Aerospace and Internal Security.
- Formulation of Defence Offset Guidelines;
- Monitoring the discharge of offset obligations, including audit and review of progress reports received from vendors;
- Participation in Technical and Commercial evaluation of offset proposal as members of TOEC and CNC;
- Implementation of Offset Banking Guidelines;
- Administration of penalties under offset contracts in consultation with Acquisition Wing;
- Assisting vendors in interfacing with Indian Industry;
- Other responsibilities assigned under the Offset guidelines or entrusted by the Government.
Sunday, August 26, 2012
Saturday, August 11, 2012
Sunday, August 5, 2012
Thursday, July 26, 2012
These are +ve changes.
Formal Govt. notification is awaited.
Friday, July 13, 2012
Saturday, May 26, 2012
The IAF will acquire basic trainer,75 Pilatus Planes, starting later this year for Rs 2,800 Crore from a Swiss company. The aircraft will replace its fleet of HPT-32 basic trainer aircraft.
Delivery of the aircraft and the complete training system is scheduled to commence in fourth quarter this year, as per media reports. The ac would be procured together with its integrated ground based training system and a comprehensive logistics support package.
The Pilatus will also do 30 % offsets of the cost of the deal. ToT will also be done to HAL.
Tuesday, May 15, 2012
Monday, April 30, 2012
Tuesday, April 24, 2012
Tuesday, April 10, 2012
Wednesday, April 4, 2012
Tuesday, April 3, 2012
Rafael will make investments in Mahindra's existing Naval Systems division in Pune which will also be the location of a production facility which will be set up to meet the long-term requirements of the JV company.
The companies have also approached the Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) for creation of a 74:26 company, the company statement said.
Link: Mahindra JV with Rafael
Saturday, March 31, 2012
Wednesday, March 28, 2012
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
Saturday, March 17, 2012
John’s Discussion on Offsets
Friday, March 9, 2012
Under the deal, the French firms will help in upgrading the avionics, navigation systems, mission computers, electronic warfare systems and radars bringing the aircraft to the Mirage-2000-5 standards. The French companies will have to invest over $900 million into the Indian defence sector as defence offsets.
As per the agreement, India has sent two of its aircraft to France for upgrades and thereafter the rest would be upgraded at Hindustan Aeronautics Limited facilities.
Mirage 2000 Upgrade for the IAF by Dassault and Thales
Thursday, March 8, 2012
The sanctions targets four foreign companies, namely Israel Military Industries (IMI), Singapore Technologies Kinetics Ltd, Switzerland's Rheinmetall Air Defence, and Russia's Corporation Defence (CDR).
The other two companies targeted, RK Machine Tools Ltd and TS Kisan and Co Private Ltd, are both Indian.
Report: MOD India Blacklists Six Defence Firms
Saturday, February 11, 2012
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
Wednesday, February 1, 2012
Monday, January 30, 2012
Saturday, January 28, 2012
Read the Report: Aerospace and defence exports likely to reach USD 2 billion in 2011-12
Tuesday, January 24, 2012
And, if the Rafale fighter — built by Dassault with a large avionics component from Thales — is chosen by the MoD as the IAF's new medium multi-role combat aircraft (MMRCA), SDS could benefit enormously from another wave of offset-driven orders for display systems and other avionics in the 126 MMRCA.
Read the Full Report: Thales-Samtel Defence Systems (SDS) Partnership